With a landmark into india’s development PM Narendra Modi Inaugrated the Longest Road Tunnel on Jammu Srinagar National Highway. this 10.8 Km Chenani-Nashri Tunnel is an all weather road tunnel.
Its a two lane tunnel which shall cut the distance from Jammu to Srinagar to 250 KMs which was 350 kms earlier. Construction Cost for this tunnel is Rs. 2519 crores.
This is the safest & smartest tunnel as well as it has below features
- Transverse Ventilation system controlled by ABB Software
- Video Surveillance System
- Integrated Traffic Control System (ITCS)
- Entrance Detection Control System
- FM Rebroadcast System
- Active Firefighting System
- Totally Camera Enabled for surveillance has got installed 124 closed circuit Cameras
- A Safety Tunnel with 6 metres diameter
This tunnel will link Chenani in Udhampur with Nashri in Rumban which shall reduce the earlier distance of 41 KMs to 10.9 kms (between two ends of the tunnel)
The work on the tunnel started in 2011 & has been inaugrated on 2nd April 2017 built at a cost of Rs. 2500 crores. On inaugration PM dedicated the Tunnel to the Nation. During the inaugration J&K governor N. N. Vohra & CM Mehbooba Mufti were also present.